MAOC (N) Analyst
The Maritime Analysis and Operations Centre (Narcotics) – MAOC (N) is recruiting staff for the post of Analyst for the Centre’s Headquarters in Lisbon, Portugal.
The Maritime Analysis and Operations Centre – Narcotics, MAOC (N):
MAOC (N) is established through an International Agreement signed by representatives of the Governments of France, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain and the United Kingdom. MAOC (N) provides a basis for the Parties’ engagement in multilateral co-operation in the field of suppression of illicit drug trafficking by sea and by air.
The Analyst will be recruited under funding and the rules of the European Union’s Internal Security Fund – Police Funding Agreement ISFP-2020-AG-IBA-MAOC.
To work under the supervision of the Head of Operations and Analyst Team Leader within the framework of the MAOC (N) Joint Operations Coordination Centre (JOCC), and to provide support in the implementation of the Centre’s activities, in line with European Commission funding objectives or projects, thereby contributing to a successful delivery of business objectives across the organisation.
- To provide support to the activities of MAOC (N) as tasked.
- To work with MAOC (N)’s ICT systems in an independent, accurate and trustworthy manner.
- To perform data analysis and research across multiple sources and systems.
- To work in the framework of the JOCC by inputting data, keeping properly documented records and as part of the team of Analysts in the preparation of reports, summaries and presentations.
- To ensure compliance with MAOC (N)’s policies and procedures.
- Assisting with the fusing of law enforcement intelligence gathered by different Parties in an international setting.
- An excellent command of English, ideally at C1 standard or equivalent.
- Knowledge of additional languages used in the Centre will be considered as advantageous, but not essential (Dutch, French, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish).
- Good knowledge of standard administrative practices.
- High level ICT skills using standard administrative software, in particularly the use Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work flexible hours, in addition to working remotely as required.
- Availability to travel (both nationally and internationally) as required.
Candidate Personal Qualities:
- High level of teamwork.
- Ability to deliver and work unsupervised on appointed tasks.
- Excellent drafting and reporting skills in English.
- Personal accountability and discretion.
- A proactive approach to work and the development of the Centre.
Conditions of employment:
- The gross salary provided for this post is 33,000.10€ per year. The salary is subject to national taxation (Portugal) deducted at source.
- In addition to the gross salary, analysts are entitled to an allowance for exemption from fixed working hours (25% of base salary): 7,660.74€ per year.
- MAOC (N) staff members are also entitled to private health insurance.
- Analysts are included in a horizontal and vertical career progression plan, which will take place subject to positive yearly appraisals.
Submission of applications and the selection process:
- The period for submitting applications is from the 21st of January 2022 to the 20th of February 2022.
- Candidates must submit a curriculum vitae (Europass) and a one-page cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly identifying the role being applied to in the subject of the email.
- Candidates called for interview will be expected to attend an interview at MAOC (N)’s headquarters in Lisbon in early March 2022 and will be expected to undergo language, analysis and ICT skills testing.
- All candidates will be subject to background checks (including criminal records and police background checks).
- The successful candidate may be expected to report for duty in April 2022.